What is Advocacy?
- Educating lawmakers about what issues are important to you and your business.
- Sharing your story with elected officials to help them understand how the policy they create affects restaurateurs.
- Using your voice to influence change legislative and regulatory change for the restaurant community.
Why is Advocacy Important for You and Your Business?
VRLTA is the voice of the hospitality industry, but even though our Government Affairs team works tirelessly to advocate on your behalf, we still need your help.
- Lawmakers want to hear feedback directly from their constituents to help craft policy that reflects the needs of the community they represent.
- They need you to educate them on what it takes to operate a restaurant and the needs of the industry.
- They need to see that their decisions impact real people who are struggling every day to keep up with the ever-growing list of mandates, regulations, and pressures that impact restaurants.
How to Get involved:
- Invite legislators to tour your restaurant and show them how your business operates.
- Attend VRLTA’s Day on the Hill in Richmond.
- Text VARESTAURANT to 52886 to get the latest advocacy updates from VRLTA
- Weigh in on the tipped wage issue - visit www.dontmesswithourtips.com to learn more and connect with legislators
- Contact Your Elected Officials - find your legislators here
- Sign up for VRLTA Government Affairs Alerts; watch your email for action alerts
- Attend a VRLTA Chapter Meeting with Legislators – check the VRLTA calendar for upcoming events
- Follow along with VRLTA’s General Assembly Bill Tracker