This page has information on jobs, employment issues, and places for affected employees to find help.
For ways that you can support affected employees and businesses, visit this page.
Important Virginia Resources
How do I file for unemployment?
- Through the Virginia Employment Commission website: http://www.vec.virginia.gov/unemployed
- Virginia Employment Commission’s Q&A on Claims Related to Coronavirus: http://www.vec.virginia.gov/qa-coronavirus
- Quick reference - how to apply for emergency unemployment
How do I apply for health insurance?
- The Cover Virginia website can see if you are eligible for Medicaid or additional health benefits: https://www.coverva.org/eligibility/
How can I help support the hospitality employees?
- Visit this page to see all of the latest ways to help employees throughout Virginia.
Virginia Career Works - long list of employers hiring - look here first!
Sunrise Senior Living: https://www.sunriseseniorliving.com/careers
Kroger - https://jobs.kroger.com/
Publix Super Markets - http://corporate.publix.com/careers
Wegmans Food Markets - https://jobs.wegmans.com/
Dollar Tree, which also owns Family Dollar, plans to hire 25,000 workers. - https://www.dollartree.com/careers
7-Eleven - http://careers.7-eleven.com/
Lowe’s - https://jobs.lowes.com/
Aldi - https://careers.aldi.us/
Fas-Mart, Roadrunner, Scotchman, and Apple Market - www.gpminvestments.com/careers
Hilton Workforce Resource Center - https://teammembers.hilton.com/covid19